3.28.2009

many many cards...

Edit: 3/28/09 11:02p.m. I have decided to add the last 2 cards to the Friday challenge after all in addition to another one in a later post.

Many cards again... this first one is for the "Color me anything but that" challenge on 365 Cards. I am not the biggest fan of purple, especially purples with red tones, so I chose this magenta color as well as a particular shade of yellow that seems to have a puke undertone :P I guess even the worst colors can look okay in small doses and with the right combinations. I had fun making this flower.



This next card is from a sketch on The Pink Elephant. I had fun making an Easter card, though I don't often give out Easter cards, so I'll have to get creative.



365 Cards has a special "Touchy Feely Friday" challenge, where we are required to use 3 different methods of adding texture. I've done a couple so far, but am just not satisfied with either one enough to add to the challenge. In this first one, I did dry embossing with a pattern press board (blue polka dots), I tore the brown paper behind the blue paper, and I hand-wrinkled the brown paper behind the flower (which I distressed with scissors, so I guess I used 4 methods).


On this one, I was trying out some new stamps, so I hand-stamped the neutral paper, which is hand-wrinkled and distressed/inked around the edges. I did more polka dots on the white paper as well. I don't love this. ANY suggestions you can give for any of the cards would be greatly appreciated. I really am a beginner and am trying to learn and improve, but I seem to just keep making the same rookie mistakes over and over again. I think some people would say my cards are "under-embellished," but I have a new baby and am in the personal care field, so we don't have a ton of extra money for me to spend on crafting (that's why I keep hoping I'll win something one of these days and get some more cool stuff).


7 comments:

  1. some great cards - I love your take on our sketch at the Pink Elephant. A real stunner of a card.
    Ann xxx
    http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. A cute bunch of cards! Love the verse on the Pink Elephant entry....thanks for joining us :)

    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I cracked up with your descriptive words: puke undertones...I love the card!!! Gotta love the bunny card...tooo stinkin' cute...you did an excellent job on friday's challenge card too!! I think you did a lovely job on your last card too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great group of cards!! I love the Easter one! That bunny is adorable and you got very creative with the sketch. Love that!! Thanks for joining us at TPE this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love that background stamp used on the last card. and i LOVE your first flower. I can't believe you don't like purple *gasp* actually, i have a hard time using it too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job Heidi! These all look fantastic! I LOVE the stamp you used in the 3rd card (the scalloped plaid flowery one).

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have some fantastically cute cards here...Great Job!!

    Thanks for joining us at TPE!!
    Blessings,
    LORi BOYD

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...