3.10.2009

Monday's Challenge: 365 Cards Day 9: Just the Scraps




I had fun with this challenge because I usually do use scraps when making cards. As a personal challenge, I decided to use pretty much nothing else on this first one. I did use ink for the writing and around the edges of the paper, a small heart rub-on, and fun foam to raise up the details... but no buttons, no ribbons, no frills :)

I'm trying to be a little more adventurous about using my own handwriting... I mean, if the card's from me, why not use my own handwriting, right? I'm in the process of buying a few more stamps so I can make a greater variety of cards.

This one is in the fashion of the sketch I used for Card Patterns #5. It's a fun layout, I think.

10 comments:

  1. Great use of scraps, and I think it's fab that you are using hand-written sentiments. In fact, there is a challenge coming up next month that I think you'll enjoy along those lines *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're lucky that your handwriting is actually pretty. if you want a card that looks like it was made by a four year old (and not in a cute way), i'm your gal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your handwriting is great. I thought it was a rubber stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job...and I am the DT who gets the "handwriting challenge" next week and I'm soooo scared of that one! I write like a drunk doctor! (No offense to drunk doctors...) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with the others - your handwritting is so pretty! Beautiful cards! Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards!!!! Thanks for playing with us over at 365 cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like these! i should start making cards again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. yes, you should! my sister and i have talked about doing a card swap! wouldn't that be fun?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great cards. And you have really great handwriting. You should keep writing all over your cards. It looks so great! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like these, and its not just because I like you (Though that may have an influence).

    I sort of want to get hooked on making cards just from looking at all the cute cards you have made. Not that I have made a card before. Ever.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...