7.03.2009

another hiatus...

Well, I have taken a little break from the card-making. I just have so many interests that it's hard to be consistent in any of them.

I have some exciting news that I get to share in a few days, but until then...

I took Adelle to a playgroup yesterday where they were making shirts for 4th of July using a stencil technique with freezer paper (it works REALLY well, so if you want details, let me know and I'll share it in another post). I did the painting while I was there, then when I got home I added the buttons! I think this is really cute and it'll be fun to take pictures of her in it tomorrow! :) I kind of freehanded the stripes on the stencil, thus the imperfection of them, but that was kind of the point.

This also works for some challenges!

Day 111 on 365 cards, use stripes and bold colors! I hope squiggly stripes count!
Pile it on Challenge #4: Button it up! (to use at least 4 buttons and of course to combine it with another challenge)
2RedBananas: inspiration from THIS picture (I obviously was inspired by the colors for 4th of July!)

Yes, these are technically card challenge sites, but they seem to enjoy other types of projects too, so there you go :)

Enjoy!






6 comments:

  1. Adorable shirt. Everyone will be jealous tomorrow. Thanks for joining the bananas

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay - this is such an adorable idea! i love how it turned!!! i may have to case it onto a card! thanks for playing at 2RB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This shirt is ADORABLE!! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! It probably would have made top three scoops, but....

    Thanks for playing with us at PILE IT ON!!

    ~Vicki
    Owner

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is fabulous!!! I agree with Cassie it would make a great card too :) Thanks for playing along in the 2RedBananas challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh girl, this rocks!!!!! at so many levels!!!!!

    Thanks for Playing with us!

    -- dalis DTC for Pile It On!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...