8.14.2009

A 365 CARD! (and Card Patterns)

Well I got some clearance card making stuff last week and one of the things I got was a Martha Stewart "botanicals" card making kit. It was $5 and it came with 8 cards/envelops, 4 containers of glitter (brown, pink, 2 shades of green), and a bunch of tree/flowery shapes that have REALLY sticky adhesive on both sides, so one side gets glitter and the other side gets stuck to the card. Anyway, the kit by itself is pretty plain, but I was so excited to try out the glitter on all these pretty cut-outs.


So, 365 Cards had a recipe card challenge yesterday and it used glitter, so of course I had to participate! The recipe is:

4x7 card
5 blossoms
glitter
wet embossed sentiment
3 different patterned papers

The "Friends" metal tag is actually from an old gift bag that was going to get trashed. I love reusing stuff and not spending a lot of money on embellishments. Also, I stamped the rose pattern on the background cardstock with Martha Stewart ink.

I also used the Card Patterns sketch for this week and here's the final product:


I bet you were wondering where the other 2 flowers and wet embossing were... on the inside!


Enjoy!

DETAILS:

Paper: Spring Moss and Dark Chocolate (Papertrey Ink), 3 patterned papers (My Mind's Eye)
Ribbon: Spring Moss Grosgain (Papertrey Ink)
Stamps: rose stamp (Martha Stewart), "to the end" - Mega Mixed Messages (Papertrey Ink)
((The rest is from the stash!))

5 comments:

  1. WOW...sista you rocked the challenge...I always enjoy your work :) Nice seeing ya back at 365 Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heidi this is beautiful! I love the stitching and the layers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything about this card!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...