8.19.2009

CPS Sketch 129!

I decided it was finally time to participate in a Card Positioning Systems sketch and fell in love with this one. I've been on a Christmas kick lately because I want to have a lot of beautiful cards to send out to family and friends (I've got a LONG way to go). I'm also loving these double-sided Martha Stewart stickers with the brown glitter, so there you have it.

This is similar to my Friends to the End card that I made last week, but I'm okay with that. If I'm imitating my own work, I must have done something right... right? :)


I've been trying to organize my craft supplies and rediscovered this brown polka-dotted paper (My Mind's Eye), which finished the look perfectly I think. Also, you'd never know, but I cheated on the ribbon. There's only a small piece of ribbon barely covered by the Joy part of the card, then I just made a bow and stuck it on the other end. I love finding ways to spend less and stretch my supplies as far as possible, since I don't get to spend too much on crafting supplies. Anyway, enjoy!

details:

paper: Classic Kraft Cardstock (Papertrey Ink), brown polka-dotted (My Mind's Eye), patterned Christmas papers (Basic Grey - Blitzen Collection), printable vellum (XEROX)
ribbon and buttons: Spring Moss (Papertrey Ink)
misc: twine (Offray), , letter stickers (Basic Grey - Blitzen Collection), tree branch sticker and brown glitter (Martha Stewart), red glitter glue (Roseart), black ink (Papertrey Ink)

5 comments:

  1. Love your bling, stiching and ribbon. Love your take on the CPS sketch.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your combo of patterned papers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty - love how you did the ribbon and stitching. Nice take on the sketch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love this card and I love glitter. win win

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...