8.22.2009

woooohoooo!!!

Today's the day! I am so glad to be the guest designer for Card Patterns this week! This past week they chose my entry as the winner! I've been following Card Patterns since week 1, so this was a treat! Anyway, this week's sponsor for Card Patterns is the Cutting Cafe and I got an awesome heart bag template to use for my take on the sketch!



This is a lot more feminine and pastel than what I usually do, but I had a lot of fun doing it! I thought of this technique to make the heart just kind of out of nowhere and I love how it turned out! I just started weaving ribbon onto a piece of paper (securing it only at the edges with adhesive). Then, part of what came with the the heart bag template was a great shaped heart, so I cut it out and pinned it on to the ribbon and started sewing around it! Paper is really easy to get out of stitching if a little bit of it overlaps, but then after the first time around of sewing, I took it off and just gave it the look I wanted. Then, I trimmed around the heart with my trusty Fiskars and cut little slits all the way around to give a little frayed look.


The buttons on the heart are just for show. I hot glued them on with the twine through the button holes and then tied them together after that. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this!

Come back tomorrow for a new challenge from Pile it On!!

By the way, if you're still reading at this point of the post, I figure you probably like the things I've done. SO. Feel free to follow my blog! I update regularly!

Details:

Template: Cutting Cafe!
Patterned papers: My Mind's Eye
Ribbon, twine: Offray
Glitter: Martha Stewart
Buttons: Papertrey Ink
pink and brown cardstock: Papertrey Ink
Stamps: "Mega Mixed Messages" Papertrey Ink
Mini flowers/brads: Making Memories
Sketch: the lovely Michelle at Card Patterns!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so impressed with this woven ribbon heart creativity Heidi. That swirl you did too is awesome! Gorgeous gorgeous card!!!! We're so happy to feature you at Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. girl. congrats!!!!!!!!!! you deserve it!

    -- dalis

    ReplyDelete
  3. ♥ ♥ ♥ that ribbon technique ... fabulous card.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...