10.10.2009

another radiant gradient! (+ bonus card)

Good morning and Happy Saturday! It's pretty chilly out today and my husband hurt his back yesterday, so we're staying in this morning. That means I get to upload some more cards! I absolutely LOVED making this card! It felt a lot more like art than crafting, which I love. I really love using my trusty school supplies Crayola watercolors. I'm always trying to find ways to use inexpensive materials to make something really great. Anyway, this is another card for the Moxie Fab World Gradient is Radiant Challenge. There are so many fantastic cards uploaded already, so you should go take a look if you get a chance!

The card base is Classic Craft by Papertrey Ink and then for the part I watercolored, I used Vintage Cream cardstock, also by Papertrey Ink. I did a second layer of watercolors after the first coat was mostly dried - that's how I got such rich colors. And I actually did the flower stamping before the second coat, which gives an effect of even greater depth, kind of the way your vision for detail is a little hazy during a sunset. The sentiment felt completely appropriate and I love the white dragonfly, which also plays with gradient a little on top of the brown flower silhouettes. The button is a Raspberry Fizz button from Papertrey Ink, which tied in perfectly. Then a little distressing, a little inking with my Vintage Duo Inking System (also by Papertrey Ink), and some finishing touches and there you have it. I did take a picture of the inside, but it just says "enjoy" in the same red as the "Life." I think I might try to recreate this without the setiment and embellishments and frame it in our brown and bright orange bathroom (that sounds weird, but it's really not!!)

Now for a bonus card!!!


I somewhat recently got the Background Basics: Text Style stamp set from Papertrey Ink (PTI), so I made a few cards experimenting with it a little. I really love the way this card turned out. The butterfly is made using a scrap leftover from when I cut out a butterfly for another card. I used it as a stencil then just used the text style stamp to create the general shape of the butterfly. Then I went in and filled the whole space with the chamomile ink from the Vintage Ink Duo set (PTI). I also used the chamomile ink to stamp the text on the base of the card, which does stain your stamp a little, but that doesn't bother me. I love how it turned out.



The sentiment is from the Everyday Button Bits stamp set (PTI), which I stamped with Martha Stewart Ink. Everything else that I have mentioned is also PTI. The flower border stamp is by Heather Bailey, which is so stinking cute. Anyway, enjoy! More to come soon!

3 comments:

  1. I like these...they look especially professional.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job, I love that 'life' set but havent bought it yet....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Heidi! Thanks again for entering the challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...