10.17.2009

Moxie Fab World and CARDS blog

I have been having a lot of fun making cards lately. Even though I don't have a craft room anymore (our recent move caused downsizing by 1 room), my husband has been very supportive in letting me spread out on the dining room table. These 2 cards today are for a couple of challenges. The first inspired the second and I love them both!

This first card is a challenge for the Moxie Fab World blog, to use ruffles!  For this I used Papertrey Ink's (Spring Moss) Perfect Match paper and ribbon.  I like the contrast between the ruffled paper vs. the softer look of the ribbon.  I knew I wanted to use my Basic Grey woodgrain paper for this card and the rest just kind of fell into place.  This is probably my favorite card that I've done in a while.  The pink glitter heart is actually chipboard that had stuff on it, but I just used Mod Podge to cover it with Martha Stewart glitter.  What do you think?  (materials/details below)


This next card is actually for the Moxie Fab World challenge AS WELL AS the Cards Blog challenge to make a design that looks like a collage, with lots of negative space.  I started out with the owl printed on more of that woodgrain paper and the Spring Moss paper ruffle that I had made for the other card, but was the wrong size.  I love making collages and feel like the process is somewhat therapeutic.  Hopefully CARDS and Moxie Fab don't mind that I'm using this for both challenges!  They're kind of rivals when it comes to card publications ;)



You can see that I've tweaked my photos a little more.  The last setup really wasn't bad, but the dark countertop was absorbing so much of the light!  That was an easy fix with a white piece of paper.  For once, the colors are very accurate and maybe now you can see why I love that Spring Moss color now!  Thanks for stopping by; more soon!!!  Enjoy :)



Enjoy the Moment details:
-Cardstock: Papertrey Ink (Vintage Cream, Spring Moss)
-Patterned Paper: Basic Grey (Granola line)
-Ribbon: Papertrey Ink (Spring Moss grosgrain, Vintage Cream twill)
-Stamp & Ink: Papertrey Ink (Mega Mixed Messages, Fresh Snow Ink, Vintage Tea Dye Ink)
-Misc: Papertrey Ink button, Fashion Cord hemp, Martha Stewart glitter, Fancy Pants chipboard accents (All Fall line), Fiskars scallop scissors, Creative Memories corner punch, Mod Podge

From Owl to You details:
-Cardstock: Papertrey Ink (Vintage Cream, Spring Moss, Pure Poppy)
-Patterned Paper: Basic Grey (Granola line)
- Stamps: Inkadinkadoo (owl), Papertrey Ink (Everyday Button Bits - sentiment)
-Ink: Papertrey Ink (Fresh Snow, Vintage Tea Dye)
-Misc: Papertrey Ink button, Fashion Cord hemp, Roseart glitter pens, Fancy Pants chipboard accents (All Fall line), The Paper Studio rhinestones, Fiskars scallop scissors, Creative Memories corner punch

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards! And of course, love that you used Podge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Heidi! Thanks for entering the Moxie Fab World challenge! (x2!) :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...