2.27.2010

{hi!}

Hi everyone, happy Saturday! I hope you're having a good weekend!

First of all I want to tell you that I redid the look of my blog a little bit and moved a bunch of the stuff that was on the sidebar.  You'll notice the links at the top of the page now that will provide a lot of that.  It was just too much and it felt cluttered to me (and blogger has a new 'pages' feature that is awesome).

Today I'd like to share a card with you that I used as a submission for a design team. I had a lot of fun with this card because I think it kind of mixes styles a little bit.  The background is very earthy/elegant, so I loved adding some bright/bold colors and chipboard letters.  So fun.  I wasn't sure if I would try to be on any design teams again, but it was so fun going through my blog and my cards from when I started about a year ago and just looking at the growth and progress I've made.  I also don't have a lot of money to work with for supplies/materials, etc, so I really am proud of myself considering what I've done and the budget I've done it on.  I've never considered myself an artist in any way, so I'm really grateful to have found this creative outlet that I love so much.  Thanks for visiting and being a part of it with me!  Enjoy!


{details}

Cardstock: Papertrey Ink {white, kraft, dark chocolate, aqua mist}
Stamps: Papertrey Ink {Turning a New Leaf}
Ink: Papertrey Ink {Spring Moss, Ripe Avocado}, Memento {Rich Cocoa}
Ribbon: Papertrey Ink {Raspberry Fizz Saddle Stitch}
Button: Papertrey Ink {Aqua Mist}
Chipboard Letters: Cosmo Cricket
Glitter Flower: Fun Foam
Pearl Accents: Martha Stewart
Punches: Martha Stewart, Fiskars

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Heidi, on a beautiful card! I love your style (and your blog!) and I will be checking back often! :) Hope your week gets off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on making the 365 Cards DT!!! i look forward to working along side you :) luv the new blog look and your card is fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on making the DT!!! You did an amazing card for the call!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...