2.07.2010

an oldie but a goodie :)

If I am being perfectly honest, maybe I don't spend as much time on cards I know I'm giving out right away than I do on cards for magazine submissions, challenges, etc. Well this next card is no exception to that, but it kind of just came together on its own.

At my previous job I was in a training class with a few really great people who I just clicked with instantly (once we actually talked to each other). This card is one that I made in December for my friend Norma for her birthday. It is an example of a few things: you don't always need a plan, you don't have to use the most expensive materials, mixing and matching brands/materials will make the card look more expensively made :)


The card base is from a super clearanced cardmaking kit (MS). The card has an adhesive border that I could cover with coordinating glitter (also from the kit). The background patterned paper is actually from a Christmas paper pack that I've kind of been hoarding for a few years now (BG). The letter stickers are from the Target $1 bins (which I love). Anyway, I really love how it turned out. I'm glad I was able to give it away to such a sweet girl like Norma!  (complete details below)

Details:
Martha Stewart: card base, glitter, blue inks, pearl embellishment on envelope
Basic Grey: patterned background paper, blue paper (both from the same Christmas set)
Papertrey Ink: Spring Moss cardstock and button, Text Style stamp, sentiment, Tea Dye ink, cream ribbon on envelope
Unity Stamps: flourish stamp and scalloped border stamp (around the "n")
Misc: Memento ink in Rich Cocoa, Cream ribbon by The Robert Stanley Collection, Fashion Cord Hemp, letter stickers from Target $1 bin.

1 comment:

  1. i love love LOVE this card, Heidi. Your talent amazes me. we really need to get together again and just get stuff made!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...