2.22.2010

a wonderful discovery!!

So, for my birthday in August I got a Silhouette SD.  I haven't used it nearly as much as I should, but this past weekend I finally took the time to learn more about its capabilities and see what I can really do with it.  I thought it didn't work with my favorite (PTI) paper, but I guess I just had the settings wrong because this time around it totally worked!  Also, the Silhouette SD has an AWESOME feature called Print & Cut.  It is so great!!!  I really do not enjoy cutting out images, which is why I usually punch or stamp. 

This card shows the print & cut at work with those cute "love birds" by Rivka Wilkins (which I purchased at the Quickutz Online Store).  You literally just print the images first and use these register marks so that when you put it through the silhouette, it cuts right around the image!  (This image had the cut lines leaving a white border... some cut right around the image with no white space around it)  ....  Love it!!


Everything you see here is PTI except for the image (printed on PTI vintage cream), the black button (Making Memories) and the blue background paper, which is Basic Grey.  I love my new apron lace border punch (Fiskars) too!  So fun!

Anyway, enjoy and come back soon!!

{SPECS}
PTI: cardstock in vintage cream, spring moss, aqua mist and smoky shadow; black satin ribbon; smoky shadow and ripe avocado inks; Signature Greetings stamp, Background Basics: Text Style stamp
Basic Grey: teal blue paper (from the Urban Prairie set)
Making Memories: black button (from 5th Avenue set)
Image: "love birds" by Rivka Wilkins (from the Quickutz Online Store for the Silhouette)

1 comment:

  1. rivka is my cousin. how funny is that :)

    love the card.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...