3.20.2010

365 Cards - Let's Make Some Noise!

I have had never made a shaker card before, so for today's 365 Cards challenge, I felt like I needed to give it a try.  Over and over I kept thinking of these "I Spy" bean bag toys my sister made for all of the grandkids last Christmas.  Here's a link to some similar ones, but my sister made them in all sorts of cute shapes (my daughter Adelle got a duck shaped one).  That was my springboard.  My first attempt was a complete failure, so here's my second attempt!  I was also inspired by rice and its association with marriage


 I added some Martha Stewart crystal marble glitter to the rice to give it a nice shimmer.  I also used Martha Stewart's San Serif Alpha stamps for the "i spy..." and the "one heart" on the inside.  The "You & Me" is a rub-on from American Crafts.  The "forever" is hand-written, then the little heart stamp is from Papertrey Ink's Around and About Sentiments set.  I hope this will inspire you to think outside of the box and try your own shaker card!


{details}

Cardstock: Papertrey Ink {Kraft, Enchanted Evening, Vintage Cream}
Stamps: Martha Stewart {San Serif Alphabet}, Papertrey Ink {Polka Dot Basics II, Around & About Sentiments}
Ink: Papertrey Ink {Tea Dye Duo, Raspberry Fizz, Fresh Snow}, Martha Stewart {teal}
Buttons: Papertrey Ink {Raspberry Fizz, Dark Chocolate}
Twine: Hemp by Fashion Cord
Ribbon: Papertrey Ink {Vintage Cream grosgrain}
Rub-On: American Crafts
Glitter: Martha Stewart

4 comments:

  1. such a fun shaker card girlie!!! happy saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh, this is too cute! Love the idea with spy the heart, and it looks fab! Thanks for loads of inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fantastic!!! and how awesome to use rice for a wedding :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. now you see why i went for the sketch team and not the week day team?? i start to tremble at the thought of what Pam might think up when she hits that special coffee of hers LOL

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...