3.27.2010

I'm Touched! - 365 Cards

Happy Saturday!  This one approached so slowly and I'm so glad it's here!  It's been a loooong week for me with my husband out of town for most of it and still working an 8-5 job myself (and we have a 16 month-old who needed to go to babysitters' houses, etc).

Anyway, it's Saturday (Day 27 of the 2nd year) at 365 Cards and my challenge was a tough one today.  It's called "I'm Touched," and the requirement is to have at least 8 elements (besides background elements) and they all have to be overlapping with at least 2 other elements.  I had to get some clarification from Pam, but basically it's the wreath effect where everything is touching something else.  I think I took the easiest approach possible and got to use one of my new favorite techniques for making flowers: circle punches!

This challenge is also being submitted for the Picking up the Pieces Challenge over at Moxie Fab World!  


For this flower I used the Lemonade line from Basic Grey.  I used a 1-3/4" circle punch (9 circles total) and just arranged them to make a big blossom!  I crinkled some edges and curled others to get some more dimension.  I also inked the edges of each circle a little bit.  Tie it off with a button (you can also use a brad if you like) and a little tag and you've got a great big flower that is super simple to recreate.  Here's a close-up of the blossom:


You don't have to make a wreath or circle punch flower to satisfy the challenge.  I can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with!!  Happy crafting and Happy Saturday!!

Enjoy, Heidi


{details}

Cardstock: PTI {Vintage Cream, Kraft, Dark Chocolate}
Patterned Paper: Basic Grey {Lemonade}
Stamps: PTI {Polka Dot Basics II, Background Basics: Text Style}
Ink: PTI {Vintage Tea Dye Duo - Chai}, Memento {Rich Cocoa}, Martha Stewart {Teal --I don't know the specific MS color name of this}
Button: Blumenthall Lansing
Twine: Fashion Cord {Hemp}

6 comments:

  1. oh yea you totally rocked this challenge!!! :) way to show Pam your up to anything she tosses at you *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my---I love this flower. I just found your blog on MM and love it! Into Google Reader you go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the vintage feel you've achieved!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Heidi! Thanks so much for entering the Picking Up the Pieces Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...