3.19.2010

just because thank you bundle of joy HELLO.

Hello to everyone... I decided it was time for a new post!  I have been playing with a lot of different backgrounds and patterns and just having fun creating the past few weeks (aside from this week because I've been super sick).

This first card uses Damask Designs, Turning a New Leaf, Giga Guidelines, and Background Basics: Text Style from Papertrey Ink.  Probably some of my favorite stamp sets EVER and 3 of them I've only had for a couple of months.  I made a Kraft card base, then layered aqua mist cardstock (bordered by a Vintage Cream edge) on Dark Chocolate (all PTI).  The fleur de lis background (from Damas Designs) is in Spring Moss ink, the text background is in Smokey Shadow and the leaf image is in Smokey Shadow (all PTI).  The 'just because' is in Rich Cocoa ink (by Memento), which I stamped twice to make a little bit more prominent over the gray leaf image.  I rounded off the bottom edges and finished it off with some Vintage Cream grosgrain ribbon, an Aqua Mist button (both PTI) and some hemp (by Fashion Cord).  That border punch is Apron Lace by Fiskars.



This next card is bigger than the others because it looked blurry to me when it was smaller for some reason.  All the paper is PTI (Vintage Cream, Kraft, Dark Chocolate).  All of the stamps and the Dark Chocolate button are PTI as well.  The 2 different orange inks are Martha Stewart as well as the gold glitter.  The white (Fresh Snow) and greens (Spring Moss, Ripe Avocado) are PTI again - to make the white a little more subtle I went over it with PTI's vintage ink tea dye duo.  Then I finished it off with the same hemp by Fashion Cord.  I did a lot of inking and distressing, which I think goes well with the text background.  I really like this card.  I've been on such an orange kick!  - and this Martha Stewart ink, the darker orange... it goes really well with PTI's terracotta paper (if you don't have to corresponding ink like I don't).


This next card I made for my friend Alexis, who had a baby shower last weekend.  For the actual construction of it, it probably took me about 15 minutes.  I just used my cutter and punches to make the train cars...


This last card was just some fun time playing with text/print and glitter glue mainly.  I really like how it turned out and finally the picture is showing fairly close to the actual Ocean Tides (PTI) color.  I can never get that one to photograph quite right. I stamped the entire cardbase with Background Basics: Text Style in Smokey Shadow (PTI).  Then I went over some with the cursive stamp from the same set in Palette Noir ink.  I distressed it some with Smokey Shadow ink and some teal ink from Martha Stewart (I really need to learn the names of Martha Stewart's colors..).  Then I added with Ocean Tides cardstock (PTI) with Polka Dot Basics II (PTI) in the same MS ink.  Notice the Apron Lace punch on the outside edge again.  Next comes the large leaf stamp from Turning a New Leaf (PTI) that I stamped in Spring Moss (PTI), then covered in clear glitter glue.  Then I just topped it off with some Kraft cardstock (PTI), some chipboard letters (Cosmo Cricket) and a little flower and brad (Making Memories).  There you have it. :)


I think I need a break from blogging after this post!!  I hope someone at least appreciates it... I know it's a lengthy one!

enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. they are all awesome!! you must tell me how you made the ribbon on the first one, i just can't get it to turn out when i try! what is the trick??? :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...