3.24.2010

Making Memories Guest Blogger!

Hello everyone!  Today I am so excited to tell you that I have the opportunity to be a guest designer for the Making Memories blog!  I was asked to create a few projects and I am excited to share them with you!

If you are here for the first time, welcome and I hope you'll take a minute to look around!

I decided to stick mainly with the Making Memories 5th Avenue line as well as the MM Wedding design papers.

For this first card, I added a little bit of clear glitter glue to give the border sticker a little shimmer.  The black polka dotted background is actually MM packaging from a sticker set.  I love repurposing packaging!  Everything here is MM except for the card base (PTI aqua mist) and the glitter glue.

For this next card,I added some bold color to pop against the black, white, and silver.  If you notice the flower, I will give a detailed how-to at the end of this post.

I enjoyed making this next card.  The background is made of 5th Avenue border stickers that I just put together for 1 look.  I added a rounded rectangle of white under the handmade flower to make it pop against the busy background. 


For this flower, I just used a flower punch, then used my fingers to curl the edges and layered it with another MM flower and a little brad (Target $1 bin).  Add a little glitter glue and we're good!


The last card is the most simple and my favorite.  It could be used for nearly any occasion.  The sentiment is part of the "happy holidays" from some Christmas rub-ons that I had.  The little background is a tag sticker (5th Avenue, Making Memories).  I actually put it on cardstock first and cut around it, then put it on the card that way.  MM stickers are a little bit thinner than I'm used to and that's a good way to address it.


Do you like this flower?  This is a very simple technique for a cute little circle punch flower that you can add to pretty much any project.  I started with a 1" circle punch for this one, though I imagine bigger punches would just create bigger flowers ..  Punch 7 circles, then use a small hole punch on each of the circles near the center, but not perfectly centered.  At that point, you can stack your circles and run the prongs of the brad through the center.  Tighten the brad, then arrange each petal (circle) until it looks the way you like.  That's it!  I also bent the edges on each circle to give it a little dimension.


I'm really glad I could share those with you!  As a little welcome to newcomers/thank you to followers, leave a comment by Thursday, March 25, at 11:59 PM (CST) with your email address and I'll choose a winner for a special little giveaway prize!  Thanks for stopping by today!

6 comments:

  1. cute cards! found you through making memories. nice to *MEET* you!!
    debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Heidi!!!! Super fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute, and quick to make, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even I think I could makes these. They are great! Especially love the one with the "circle" flower. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely love the last card; thanks for the directions on making the lovely flower. Glad to have found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the GD gig :) fantastic cards and i love your flowers :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...