3.06.2010

Stampin' Saturday - 365 Cards DT debut!

Well hello everyone! For some of you, this may be the first time you've ever visited my blog, so welcome!!

I am so excited to be sharing this card today because it is my first official card as a member of the 365 Cards Design Team! For the next year, I will be the Saturday Daily Designer and I look forward to being challenged and trying new techniques!

Today's challenge is to blend more than 1 color on 1 stamp. I also used this opportunity to kind of show you some of my personal style as well, so that you somewhat know what to expect in the weeks to come.


For my use of the technique, I decided to use ink pads directly on the stamp. I didn't do as much blending because I like the inconsistency it creates on the butterfly image, which I think complements the color palette well.  This picture doesn't illustrate the contrast of the yellow and green ink as well as it shows up in real life.

Leave a comment on the post or in the chat box with your blog/website link and I'd love to take a look at what you're creating/who's visiting!!

Thanks for stopping by and enjoy!

Heidi
 
{details}

Cardstock: Papertrey Ink (kraft, lemon tart, dark chocolate, enchanted evening, vintage cream)
Stamps: Inkadinkadoo (butterfly), PTI (signature style, polka dot basics II)
Ink: Memento (Rich Cocoa), PTI (Enchanted Evening, Spring Moss, Lemon Tart)
Etc: PTI (Spring Moss Grosgrain Ribbon, Dark Chocolate Button); Martha Stewart (Glitter), Fashion Cord (Hemp)

6 comments:

  1. gorgeous work heidi...love the butterfly!!! Soooo excited to be working with you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. heidi fantastic card for your first day on the dt :D and it is so beautiful!! i will have to give this a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful job on the butterfly, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card Heidi ~ congrats to you on DT @ 365 ~ ~~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card and this challenge! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a gorgeous card! I love the butterfly.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...