3.27.2010

Thanks a Hoot! {revisited}

This is my 2nd post today, so scroll down to see the other!!

I decided I wanted to repost this card, even though I already posted it a while back. I made this when I was on the DT for the Pile it On! Challenge Blog, but I wanted to submit it for the current challenge over at Moxie Fab World.

I hand cut several of the elements on this card and really love how it turned out.


The 'thanks' sentiment was actually handcut.  I was trying to give it kind of a sun in the sky kind of effect.  I just drew the letters with a pencil on Summer Sunrise cardstock, cut it out with scissors and an Xacto knife and covered it with a pretty heavy layer of orange glitter glue.

For the owl, I just sketched the body shape with a pencil and cut it out.  I freehanded everything else but the wings.  The wings are made out of a 1" circle punch that I cut with some scallop scissors {Fiskars}.  It's hard to tell in this picture, but the scalloped circle behind the owl is stamped with Text Style to coordinate with the owl's belly.

Thanks for taking time to stop by!  Enjoy and I hope the sun is shining wherever you are!


{details}

Cardstock: Papertrey Ink {Aqua Mist, Dark Chocolate, Summer Sunrise, Lemon Tart, White}
Handmade Paper: [maker unknown]
Ribbon: PTI {Raspberry Fizz}
Glitter: Roseart glitter glue
Gems: The Paper Studio
Stamp: PTI {Background Basics: Text Style}
Ink: PTI {Vintage Ink Tea Dye Duo}, Memento {Rich Cocoa}

4 comments:

  1. Woot woot!! Sooo cute girlie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. watch out for amy as she is an owl collector lol this is fantastic and wow what a ton of fussy cutting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Heidi!
    My name is Adriana and I live in Florianópolis an island in south Brazil. The first time I saw your beatiful work were in the interview you gave to the Making Memories's blog, then I decided to visit your blog and I just loved everything I saw. Your work is amazing! Totally insparing. I'm your follower now and I will visit you a lot.
    I hope you can forgive me for the mistakes I made in English.
    Bye, huge kiss, Adri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Heidi! Thanks again for entering the Picking Up the Pieces Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...