4.10.2010

Day 41 - 365 Cards

Hello, hello!  I hope everyone's had a great week!  Mine's been a little busy, since my husband was out of town for most of it, but I'm glad to have him home (even though I have to work all weekend!)!  This evening we did discover a little treasure near our apartment, which was so fun!  I love taking turns where you've never been before to find something so amazing!  I'll have to go back and take some pictures :)  What are you doing this weekend?

I'm excited to share this card for you today because it is for such a fun challenge at 365 Cards



The challenge is a Do-it-Yourself challenge, which i always love because I don't have a ton of tools and I often end up creating a lot of elements myself rather than purchasing ones that are already made.  Okay, so the challenge is to create your own Glittered Blossom: "Add glitter to the tips or to the entire blossom to create your own fancy embellishments."  What a fun challenge!  It really is something you can make as simple or as elaborate as you want!  Today I went for the more subtle end of the spectrum.  Here's a closer look:



Polka dots and glitter stripes!    Let me just say that I love stamping on Basic Grey solid color paper. It adds the lines/distressed look without making it too much of a statement or having to do anything extra, which I love!  I kept everything else on the card fairly simple to make the flower the main focus.    I can't wait to see all of your glittery blossoms!!  Enjoy and thanks for stopping by!


{details: all Papertrey Ink unless otherwise stated}
Cardstock: {Kraft, Dark Chocolate, Spring Moss}
Designer Paper: Basic Grey
Stamps: {Turning a New Leaf, Background Basics: Text Style, Mega Mixed Messages, Polka Dot Basics II}
Ink: {Spring Moss, Raspberry Fizz}
Ribbon: {Aqua Mist Grosgrain}
Button: {Dark Chocolate}
Hemp: Fashion Cord
Punches: Fiskars {Apron Lace}, Creative Memories {Corner Punch}, The Paper Studio {Scalloped Circle}

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE this card. Gorgeous flower and wonderfully simple but beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I would totally buy a card like this...

    ReplyDelete
  3. ♥♥LOVE♥♥ this!!! hope you have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...