8.07.2010

365 Cards - Card Recipe 6

Hello everyone!  I'm excited to share a couple of cards with you from the Saturday 365 Cards challenges.  Last weekend I was in Chicago for CHA and forgot to schedule a post with my card, so sorry about that.  I'll show the card at the end of this post, but first, this week!  You may know that this week has been filled with card recipes that build off each other by the day.  This last one for the week included the following requirements:

5x5 Card
2 3x3 patterned papers
Sentiment
2 images (stamped, fussy cut, digi, etc.)
2 Buttons
4 Blossoms


At first the 2 patterned papers stumped me.  It's not a look I generally would go for, but I like how it worked out in this card.  To get the stamped image on all of the different papers, I had to stamp it several times.  It's nearly impossible to get a complete/clean image if you stamp on different overlapping layers of paper at the same time, so I stamped the bottom layer first, then the polka dot layer, then the ledger paper layer, etc.  I assembled it as I went along too, just to make sure it all lined up.  If this wasn't a recipe card, I probably would have added a strip of ribbon along the bottom edge of the card (under the sentiment, but running along the entire width of the card, if that makes sense).  I also don't use a lot of pre-made paper/crocheted blossoms, so the only ones I had just didn't go with the colors I wanted to use.  I decided to cut circles out of felt and then cut slits in them to look like petals.  I also had a hard time coming up with a second image, but I like the touch of the greenery underlapping the sentiment.

Anyway, enjoy and thanks for stopping by!

Oh, and here's my card from last week's Saturday challenge.  Don't want to forget that!



This card is where I finally feel like I've gotten my creative juices flowing again.  It's been a while since I really loved a card I made.... that's what happens when you move twice and don't have all your supplies readily available or an adequate space to create.  It's hard to tell in the picture, but the ivory wreath accent is coated in fine clear glitter.... and I really really love this Basic Grey patterned paper with the yellow and gray PTI cardstock.  Yay.

Goodnight!

3 comments:

  1. These are both terrific! Love them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love both of your cards! The felt flowers are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The card recipe card is inspiring. I love your flowers! What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...