8.20.2010

Pretty in Print: Etsy Shop by hmschell


Woohoo, it's Friday! I hope everyone has had a great week and is excited for the weekend because I am! My husband finished his first week of school and my daughter has a runny nose. Not to mention, we are in dire need of a storage unit because we are spilling over with STUFF in this tiny 2BR apt.

Anyway! Today I want to share a couple of things with you! First is my new Etsy Shop. It is always going to be in progress with new things to share, so I'm sure I will be sharing a few things now and then on this blog.


On a fantastic trip to Chicago with my friends Chelsea and Rebecca, We got to go to CHA and IKEA as well as to some church sales and estate sales.  Honestly, even though we went specifically for CHA, I think my favorite part was driving around Chicago (and its many suburbs) searching for these great sales!   At a couple of them I found some fantastic vintage books that were just falling apart and now I have these great flowers to sell that I have handmade from those vintage pages!  Soon I'll be adding some flower sets with rice paper as well, which I found at a fantastic Japanese grocery store in Chicago.

These flowers are so great for crafting (to put on a card or gift wrapping, maybe some wall decor) or even for a great headband, brooch or hair clip, etc!  There are so many options!  I have tons of button options too and really, they even look great without buttons!

Okay, enough with the self-promotion!

Photo owned by A Hoot and a Holler
I also want to show you this great tutorial at A Hoot and a Holler that I came across recently.  I will be trying this one very soon.  I have a bunch of old sweaters that I just can't get rid of, but that I absolutely NEVER wear.  So, it's about time to do some surgery!  I'll be sure to share the results!  I love repurposing items I already have around the house (maybe that's why this place is overflowing with junk!!).  I hope it inspires you to do something new with something old!  Good luck!

I'll be back tomorrow with a card for 365 Cards!  This is a fun one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...