9.18.2010

365 Cards: Harvest Fest (and some of my favorite paper!)

Hello, happy Saturday!  I know it's been a little while and life has been crazy around here!  First, I want to show off something I've been working on for a little while, which is the website and blog design for Lori George Photography!  Take a look!

I've been pretty sick with a cold since Wednesday, so between that and the redesign for LGP, I've had my hands full (not to mention taking care of my daughter).

ANYWAY.

Today's challenge at 365 Cards features products by DRS Designs!  I got this cute little scarecrow stamp that put me in a loop at first.  I don't typically know what to do with stamps that I have to color in because literally all I have to color anything is a box of crayons.  The challenge is to use 2 images and 3 colors that are typically associated with autumn.  I kind of cheated, considering the scarecrow and the pumpkin he's holding as 2 separate images, but it works for me!  I loooooove this plaid paper (Cosmo Cricket).  So, my colors were orange (several shades), brown and green.

I also want to share my card from last week.  The challenge was to make a card that could be used with more than 1 occasion.  We had a sponsor that week too, which was Wink Wink Ink.


The stamp I used actually had a little mouse in it who looked like it was stuck in jam, but I wanted to show the versatility of digital stamps.  It didn't take more than a minute or two to make some small edits... then you have a completely new and different stamp!  Thinking of different occasions, I was thinking of what we could "fill" the jar with.  Maybe it's filled with love or friendship... maybe it's filled with a hug.  Or you could use some of your other stamps/embellishments and literally put something else in there!  I know I'll be using this stamp again!

That's all for now.  I'm counting down the days to fall and love that the air is starting to get a little crisp here in Kansas.  Have a great weekend and I'll be back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...