9.04.2010

365: Divide and Conquer!

Hello and Happy Saturday!  I hope everyone's enjoying their 3-day weekend!  I woke up in a panic this morning thinking the AC had been running full blast all night, but no, it's really that cool outside today!  I can't believe it!  Poor Adelle though, I think she has allergies.  We played outside for a long time last night at the soccer fields and Ithink she's paying for it today.  Still, here's a super cute picture of her and her daddy that I took with my phone:


Now, on to the reason for this post!  since it's Saturday, that means it's time for a card for 365 Cards!  I had fun with this challenge and enjoyed the break from a sponsor this week.  Pam asked me to make a card that was divided into 6 equal parts, but none of the sections could be touching each other.  So, I thought it was time to put some fun patterned paper scraps to good use:


I got these scraps at CHA.  We were doing a make-and-take at the very end of the last day where there was just a ton of paper and good stuff on the tables, so when they were cleaning up, I got to take some big scraps that they were just going to through away!  I can't remember who this paper is by, which is kind of embarrassing, so if anyone knows, please tell me!!!!

I used a square punch first, then rounded two of the corners on each one.  Add a button accent, a sentiment sticker, and you're done!  Oh, and I raised each section up with fun foam.  You might be noticing by now that this is my favorite color combination! :)

Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you soon!

Oh, by the way.  Notice the top of my far right sidebar, there's a new banner for Minted.com.  I've been submitting some photo card designs for their contests, so if you like what I've done, vote for me (when it comes time to do that...)!  Thanks for all of your support!  I really enjoy blogging because I know that at least someone is enjoying reading it!

Now go play outside!

2 comments:

  1. What a great tip on the rounding square ! (hey, does that even make sense ?) lol I am going to try that, I was trying to figure out how you did it, hey, read the directions last, go figure. duh
    Great card, and wonderful use of scraps too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card - off to check out your photos now too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...