10.30.2010

365 Cards: 365 Cards Inspired!


Hello!  It's Saturday!  That means I get to share another challenge with you at 365 Cards.  This one was fun because I got to use a pretty Chrysanthemum image!  The official challenge is to let the redesign of the 365 Cards blog inspire your card... and it did!


Anyone who looks at my blog often may know that I love green (and brown and teal..), so I was excited to use the background of the blog as my card base.  Next, I was drawn to the brown scroll-y frame in the header and the contrast between the blog's green background and the white header.  So I stamped a vintage frame and a sentiment in brown and layered it over the green paper.  The image is from Sweet 'n  Sassy Stamps, who was our sponsor this week (I say 'was' because it's the last day!)  Now, you also may know that I don't own any fancy markers to color in images like this... so I've learned to be a little bit resourceful.  For this one, since it's a digital stamp, I actually opened it up in Photoshop and colored it there, then printed it on the green paper.  I don't really love the look of color ink printed on a card if I'm looking for a polished handmade look, so I just brushed a thin layer of clear glitter glue over the image with a paintbrush and called it good :)  It gives the color a little extra brightness and actually, it actually moved the color around a tiny bit, so it actually looks hand colored or hand painted.

Anyway that's about it for today, but I hope maybe you're inspired by the 365 blog too!  Have a great weekend (Adelle's going to be a giraffe for Halloween!!!)!  Thanks for reading!

Cardstock, ribbon, buttons, frame and sentiment stamps: ALL Papertrey Ink
Digital Stamp: November Chrysanthemum by Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps
Ink: Memento (Rich Cocoa) and my Canon printed ink :)
Glitter Glue: Horizon Group USA

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...