10.16.2010

365 Cards: Last, But Not Least

Hello, blog readers (if there are still any of you out there after not blogging so long)!  I'm here to share today's 365 Cards challenge with you!  I really enjoyed this one, so I just had to share!  This week's sponsor (ending today) is Prickley Pear and I got to use an awesome Retro Trees stamp.  I just love it!  The challenge today is to pull out a technique that you don't do very often or maybe even don't like to do much.  I have a few of those that I just don't have the patience to do all the time, so for this I chose masking.  Masking is basically where you shield one stamp or part of a stamp to add another stamp (or repeat the same stamp) to it without overlapping them.


Here's how the full card turned out. You can probably tell that I really enjoyed making this one!  To do masking for this card, I had to stamp the tree stamp on other paper, Xacto around it, then I placed that over the already stamped image on my card to protect it while I stamped the white polka dots, which is supposed to look like snow :)  I added a gem and a couple of green trees just to add some dimension.  I really love how the Studio Calico border sticker looks layered over the grosgrain ribbon.


This was one of those cards that didn't take very long to make at all because it already made perfect sense in my head :)  Yay for that!  I hope you'll pull out a neglected technique to post a card on 365 Cards by tomorrow night (so you can be eligible for the prize from Prickley Pear!).  Thanks for stopping by!

{DETAILS}
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink: Vintage Cream, Ripe Avocado, Ocean Tides, Dark Chocolate
Stamps: Prickley Pear (Retro Trees), Papertrey Ink: Polka Dot Basics II, Fillable Frames #4, Signature Christmas
Ink: Versamark, PTI (Fresh Snow), Memento (Rich Cocoa)
Ribbon: PTI
Sticker: Studio Calico (Anthology)
Gems: Studio 18 (from Michaels)
Border Punch: Fiskars (Apron Lace)
Corner Rounder: Creative Memories

1 comment:

  1. oh i LOVE your card!!
    i don't have the patience for masking ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...