11.18.2010

COMING SOON: Vintage Love!

Good morning!  I wanted to do a quick post today and share some good stuff with you!  FIRST...


365 Cards is going to be hosting a Blog Hop devoted to the vintage style.  November 21st through the 27th and I'm going to have a super special (verging on crazy) post and card to share with you on the last day!

Here's how it works:

Each Design Team member will have one item listed for you on their blogs that you will use to create a card at the end of the week.  These 11 items will make up a card recipe.  There are some really cool Graphic 45 goodies to be won, courtesy of the EXTREMELY GENEROUS DT Member, Gloria Stengel (who is also on the Graphic 45 DT) - THREE HUGE PRIZES will be given away at the end of the week!  I'll mention this again on Saturday because it all starts on Sunday and there's a post each day!

Now I also wanted to post a card that I made on Saturday for 365 Cards. (This image looks a lot better if you click on it)  The challenge was to create a TONE-ON-TONE card, so I put a great green tree right on top of the green paper.  I used a great stamp from Prickley Pear Stamps.  It's a really subtle image and I can't wait to stamp it on navy paper in white or silver ink.  I think that would make a really pretty holiday card :)


I've been working full time while my husband is in school and also working full time... so life is a little crazy!  BUT it's good.  I'm really grateful for the response I've received on my ETSY Shop.  It's nothing insane, but it's great to be able to share some of my photo card designs and other projects... and just to know that people do like what I'm doing :)  Baby steps, but I'm going to be doing a little bit more gradually and I'm really excited about where I'm headed with that.  I also just finished singing in a group for a doctoral recital where we performed the medieval liturgical play "Ordo Virtutum" (Golden Virtues) by Hildegard von Bingen.  There was a really great dance that went along with the story and it looks like I may have the opportunity to perform it again, which is great!

Anyway, Adelle and I are going to playgroup (we're touring a bakery!  yum!) soon, so check back on Saturday for another card for 365 Cards :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...