2.05.2011

all you need is love - SRM sticker style!

Happy Valentine's Day! Oh wait, it's not for another week?  That's okay, I'm still excited to share this fun card today!  365 Cards gave me a special challenge today: to steal another 365er's design and make my own card from it (we call it scraplifting - maybe that sounds better than stealing).  I chose one of our regulars, Doreen!

I loved this cute little cupcake card.  Doreen does a great job of balancing bright and cheery with class and elegance.  This card is no exception.  I love the simplicity - nothing is overstated.  So, I was excited to make my own version, especially since I got to use the awesome and amazing SRM stickers, which I LOVE.  I may have mentioned that before ;)


There really aren't too many ingredients here.  The cardstock, ribbon, button and felt are all PTI.  I used some vintage book paper, a SRM sticker, a little twine and a black scrapbooking marker (with a ruler), well that about does it!  Very simple and I love how it turned out.

To participate in today's challenge at 365, take a look at cards submitted by other 365ers on the blog and make your own version of it!  Just make sure to give the proper credit for the card/cardmaker who inspired you!

Thanks for dropping in!

3 comments:

  1. Wanted to say I loved your card and the beautiful ribbon treatment. I entered the challenge on 365 cards for the first time. I have a feeling I will be back. :)Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card!! Love how you've offset the heart - so effective! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...